Saturday, September 6, 2014

Don't wait until there is a vacuum of leadership for you to lead (#2045)

The experience with my life  has been that when a vacuum of leadership occurs I felt the weight and need to pick up that worthy soul's cause and carry forward in my own unique way. Why did I wait? I suppose I was comfortable enough with others fighting for me that I didn't see the urgency to fight for myself. Blunt assessment but more true that not. I didn't start out that way. When I was younger in my teens I was full of hope about proclaiming the right and good of equality, justice and opportunity yet I found so much cynicism I was eventually worn down by all of it. I still advocate for lowering the voting age to 16 year old persons, Yet I have been remiss in forwarding the idea because I got side tracked with my own struggle to understand life in general. I have moved beyond both my own searching for a meaning in life and any cynicism that may come my way. I know I have a purpose for being in existence and me knowing the particulars of it are not as important as me doing whatever I can to push the right and good of our species to the forefront. I also know that whatever failing I have others have similar failings and no one has it all figured out so being cynical is more a negative and failing than it is a positive and progression. I don't need to sit back now and marvel at others who take up the charge for our betterment, I can do that right along with them. So when one of us falls to passing on we can just gather our own intent and keep moving forward. I don't see anyone as being excluded from being an important leader when the intent to better our existence is generally agreeable. For example, like having clean air and clean water, like having a society that includes everyone with the same opportunities to contribute and exist with respect. We can muster our species and our society toward an enlightened structure that honors community as much as it honors individualism. Such is our challenge and why none of us should wait or sit back and let others lead when we have the wherewithal to lead.

No comments: