Monday, September 15, 2014

We humans all generally have the same genetic code (#2054)

Why is it that I have been comfortable with not having any children? It isn't because I don't want to. It isn't because I dislike children. It isn't because I am selfish and only want for myself. It is because although fate and destiny have not allowed me the privilege, I am well happy that our species will continue on regardless of me adding to the numbers. We are all human beings with the same genetics, generally. There are special ones in our midst that are not of the "normal" variety but no less of value as members of our family of humans. I don't have to have my own personal offspring as a person to have care and empathy for them. I am here representing our species. I live in a community and I value that community. I live in a State and I value that community. I live in a country and I value that community and I live on a planet and I value that community. I live in a Universe that I know little about but I desire so much to do know about it and all the mysteries it will bring. I value that as well. I am not a one dimensional individual who cannot see the bigger picture about life in general nor about my own manifest destiny. The miracle of being a mature adult in this existence is never lost on me. I am lucky and grateful for the actuality. Everything I have been allowed here in existence is a product of others who cared more about all of us then the few who only care about themselves. I want to add to that outstanding legacy and the first step toward doing that is to recognize that we are all the same. We have the same fears, hopes, desires and sadly the same disappointments. We recover and move on but never forgetting that life should be better than it is. That is the base of my thinking, that life should be better than it is and when I see a way forward that progresses life to the better I fight hard on it's behalf to make it so. We are the same and we need to treat each other with the same love and care we would otherwise treat our own offspring.

No comments: