Saturday, October 11, 2014

I am so humbled to be a good human being (#2080)

I feel like I have attained a status that is awesome. I am able to recognize values in others that I honor and respect. In doing so I realize that I have those same values working inside me. I attract to people with open and objective minds about subjects and objects. I attract to people who stand up and sacrifice of themselves without a care to a cost/benefit analysis. In recognizing these values in them I know I have them within me. I am able to be an example of these traits as well. It is what I call being a good human being. There are too many examples of people who care not nor understand how to be a good human being so spotting a good human being is rather easy as they do tend to stand out in a crowd. Not by calling attention to themselves but quite the opposite, they stay in the background for the most part so that their good deeds are not interrupted by any vain glory. No one is perfect so keeping ourselves focused on our strengths is critical. My whole life, since childhood, I knew that good and right were the normal, not the exception. I began life seeing the possibilities and then lived life finding out that what should be was not what was. I stumbled and became part of the problem by being cynical and unproductive in the values department. I lived selfishly and self-centered, but even that eroded over time and depression came into being for me. I finally realized that if I didn't start changing my outlook back to being hopeful about possibilities I wouldn't be much longer on this amazing orb. Now I am a fierce advocate for those who fight and claw for the better and best in life for all of us. I consider myself another front line soldier in the fight to protect our democratic ideals and a vision of those ideals and turns them into living policy. Just by being a good person have I found the secret to my life. I get to live in honor, courage and self respect. Any wonder I am so humbled by this amazing transformation?

No comments: