Thursday, October 30, 2014

We must protect our democracy (#2099)

The Republican party has traded in our democracy for an elitism that favors the wealthy. No matter how you try to defend republican/conservative policies, they always come back to making life harder for the American working/middle/poor class and making life even easier for the wealthy. I honor democratic principles, so much so that I would with resolve fight on the streets if necessary to defend them from any who would deny us all equal rights under the law, foreign or domestic. It seems we have too many domestically who are just ignorant enough to believe the illogical rhetoric coming from republican/conservative politicians and their wealthy enablers. They are transfixed with the idea of a hierarchy of segregation and a laziness toward defending the harmed and weak. It is astounding to me that our society has been intentionally devolved by the wealthy to create havoc among our working/middle/poor class ranks. How we can be bought off from our own high democratic principles says just as much about our own lack of character as it does about the wealthy's intent in employing such a divisive strategy. I for one will not go quietly into the day or night without remembering a hero from our country's glorious beginnings; "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country"-Nathan Hale. It is so that I write these blogs posts as a statement to my undying patriotic duty to our democratic principles and anyone who stands against the democratic principle of equality of opportunity and universal individual respect will feel the brunt of my disdain. All of us have a duty to protect each other as we all have a duty to stay informed as to defending and progressively advancing the principles our forefathers/mothers fought and died to give us.

No comments: