Tuesday, October 28, 2014

What motivates we humans? (#2097)

I will tell you what motivates me. I am motivated by being alive and having the opportunity to explore and understand this existence to which I am a cognitive member. I am motivated by my relationships to like minded and caring individuals and groups who are as willing to fight for their ability to express themselves without bias and prejudice as much as I am. I am literally motivated by democracy which uplifts all souls when democracy is applied in the most fair way possible. I am motivated by justice to all who are harmed. I am motivated by acts of kindness whenever I find them. These are but a few of the paradigms that affect me to move from an inert state to a vigorous one. I live by a psychology that promotes optimism and commitment as a process. This is what  motivates me, living in and then leaving a world that has been proud to call me it's son. I  do this on my own, without some others cracking a whip about me to make me do for them that they choose not to do for themselves. I find no pride in flaunting power or influence over anyone's head. I find no pride in forcing others to act in ways that harm or destroy democratic ideals meant to be protected not undermined. The absolute gift I have been given is being born when I was, into a country so full of enlightened promise and the liberty to keep it so. That is what motivates me, a love and passion for honoring those who fought, suffered and died to give me this gift. I am humbled by my good fortune and smiling most of the time because I have the safety and security of the genius of our amazing American constitution to build from. I am motivated by what may come in the future and the option I have to be part of designing that future. It is awesome to know I feel this motivation within me and further, to know that all I have to do is unleash my inherent motivation at whatever I know is right and good.

No comments: