Saturday, November 8, 2014

Giving our all (#2108)

I never want to know that I didn't try as hard as I could after the trying time is done. No remorse or second thoughts for failing to give my all. I have learned over time that expending myself to the fullest is how life should be lived. I cannot go on forever with endless effort but during limited times of opportunity I can do just that. It is when the time has ended that I can then rest and feel how I have been effected by my relentless effort. I suppose I have learned this from the competitive sports I have always admired and participated in. Any endeavor to accomplish a goal is nothing if not earned with every fiber of effort. When Thomas Paine said "What we obtain to cheap, we esteem to lightly; 'tis dearness only that gives everything it's value." For me, dearness is either a connective emotion or a value earned with tremendous effort. What I am reminded of from time to time is that the time after effort is expended, there is a calm solemnity that envelopes me with a sense of quietness. A maturing of perspective that brings about a numbing realization that whether succeed or fail, the effort is where the living of life takes place. Being a part of the universal chaos of understanding without attempting to control or over think my place in it. I exist and for that my place is to know what is going on around me and actively accepting my responsibility. The beauty of knowledge is that we all can utilize it to our best abilities. We take in what our minds are able to understand and build upon that to logically wrestle with how our society should evolve. We must all start from the point of equality otherwise we will not sustain and improve our society as we know it. This is our purpose in the long timeline of human continuation. We are no different than those who came before us and those that will follow. We have the same duty to our existence, live our lives with the strength and courage to give our all regardless of personal sacrifice or the eventual outcome.

No comments: