Monday, November 3, 2014

The imperativeness of voting (#2103)

I will not equivocate on this. There is no excuse not to protect your right to vote. I don't care what excuse you may imagine or produce, no excuse is valid. We know that our elections have consequences that affect our daily lives so being a part of that decision making is what the precious founders of our country gave us an opportunity to become involved with. No where on earth has a modern nation built from it's roots the right and duty to determine the future of it's course in such a way. We have the right but I add the duty since if we don't exercise our duty there are forces that wish to deny us this process of democracy. There is a political party, Republicans, who think that many of our citizens should not participate in universal citizenry voting. They like to think that they are the only ones with the mental acumen to decide such complex matters. They would like to think that they are the adults and that the rest of us are slow minded and too spoiled for our own good. Their egos will not allow them to think that we are equal to them. This voting we have coming up tomorrow is all about whether Republicans can convince the rest of us that they are the patriarch at the main table and the rest of us are the children better seen and not heard at the children's table. I personally am offended by their vision of condescension. So much so that wherever I hear their pablum I speak out and buttress against it. Their arrogance of privilege over democracy grates against me with a finger nails on a blackboard irritatingly uncomfortableness. Further I want to expose them for their strategy of denying equality, justice and opportunity with bald face policies that have nothing to do with improving society for all but instead only for improving society for their few. If I spend my last breath battling against their greed for capital and power then so be it. My democratic country means more to me then their theft of our hopes and dreams ever will!

No comments: