Sunday, December 7, 2014

A life wasted on fear (#2137)

Fear of danger is a normal response to a real trigger. Not a mental construct of imagining. Too purposely think and behave out of some imagined fear is childish and immature. Much like a child who thinks there is a monster under their bed. For grownups to utilize this is a character flaw akin to not having the courage of their own vision. Those who can be easily scared are those who have no hope or dream of their own. When I am motivated by my goals or pursuits there is no time in my life for others to intimidate me with their scary illusions meant to stifle my ambitions. Sadly, there are too many out there who have ulterior motives to keep most of us from achieving success that may diminish their already privileged advantage. Now that may sound like sour grapes complaining but on the contrary, we do not teach each other how to be successful, instead we hide the ball of information from each other so that only some may know how to navigate success. To keep us from demanding the knowledge we need to survive well in a modern society the privileged that now control the complicated levers of power here in America are working hard to otherwise scare us from fear inducing "boogeymen". I am tired of it and have been railing against the wretches who are responsible. No doubt I am putting myself out there as a straw man who may be blown down with the next imitation of wind. Regardless, I am tired of this. Why exist just to be a tool or a puppet? Not I. The great and mighty ideals of democracy and community need to be fought for against those who only see their ego driven will as worthy of existence. I am no hero but I am no coward. I will not live in fear because fear is not real unless there is a real danger present. I won't let a false mental construct be the illusion that determines my destiny.

No comments: