Wednesday, December 31, 2014

More than just ourselves (#2161)

I like being alone and in being alone I am content. However, I need people in my life. I have had the privilege of meeting so many outstanding souls who have taught me how to live with dignity and respect. I have a set of honorable principles I have established within me that will not allow me to be an underhanded harmful person. In my past I had lived in a reckless cavalier way that brought me to task too many times. The embarrassment and humiliation I felt were direct results from my behavior by my choice. Some of it was from trial and error and the normal ways we all learn lessons. But too much of it was self will without rationalizing the consequences. I acted in my own self interest without gauging what effect that would have on others. , Having reached my bottom I eventually came to my senses and realized that if I didn't establish honorable parameters in my life I would never be the man I had always hoped to become. I wasn't too late for me and neither is it for any and all others. Life is about more than just me, lesson number one. I am fortunate to be alive. I know it for a fact. My earlier reckless behavior had many opportunities for me to have finished myself off through my ridiculous actions. How fortunate for me to have survived my own ridiculousness while luckily surviving what the outside world throws at all of us in some form or fashion. Yet here I am today, always ready to treat others like I would want to be treated. Giving respect unconditionally until it is abused or brushed away. I can only live my life and be me, I cannot be anyone else nor make their choices for them. Hopefully the road to finding an honorable life will not be as rough for you as it was for me. But in the end if you do achieve becoming the type of person you always thought you could be then well done.

No comments: