Wednesday, December 3, 2014

My nephew Aubrey's novel (#2133)

I didn't do my normal routine on the Internet yesterday because I spent most of the day reading my nephew's novel. He sent it to me several months back and I had lost it in my email for awhile and then yesterday morning stumbled upon it. So since I had been remiss in reading it in a timely fashion, and it raining and overcast most of the day I had the perfect opportunity to immerse myself into reading. I was pleasantly surprised at how I was being drawn into the fictional story by the way my nephew wove the characters together with the plot line. I also found myself getting emotional about the nobility of the honorable principles that highlighted the story throughout. I did not see this coming. I was captivated by his insightful usage of human emotion intertwined with the reality of the story. I admit I wasn't expecting much since my nephew had not previously been known to me to have such writing skills on this level. I have read hundreds of books, many of the drama, mystery and intrigue variety, so I am well accustomed with what a good novel reads like. I am here to say that my nephew has crossed that threshold with me. There was little that my imagination did not comprehend. His usage of detail in a way that didn't crowd out the action was in harmony with my own ability to see a picture of what he was painting in word. Not an easy task to complete with me. He also used principles of honor throughout the story that uplifted my spirit. Now that is quite important. I am not one who likes to read about failure unless that failure evolves into an honorable purpose. Purpose, that is the key word I would use to describe the heart of this story my nephew has cleverly portrayed. I know when I have been moved by something by the way I continue to think about it. Today is yesterday's tomorrow and here I am still positively invigorated by how I was influenced by my nephew's novel.

No comments: