Sunday, January 18, 2015

Ignorance is not bliss (#2179)

Choosing to be ignorant is cowardly. I know this first hand. I was afraid to find out a lot of things mainly because I didn't want to interrupt my preferred perception of things. A lot of my previously chosen ignorance was because I knew that I would have to pay some kind of price for my knowing. Like If I didn't know what the cause of something was I could let it remain broken or in disrepair so I wouldn't have to spend whatever cost it took to make the thing right. Money caused a lot of my ignorance. But not alone it didn't, I was also afraid. I can't explain that other than to point to my own deficiency as a whole person. I have overcome that and accept whatever truth or fact is in front of me now. If I don't know something I learn about it. It is natural that way, letting my natural instinct of curiosity guide my present. I don't profess to knowing things that I don't know just so that I can impress someone. I have learned that regardless if other people think I am a nincompoop I will not be a liar. Anyway, judgmental souls are usually the last ones to be judging others since they are the ones who have bigger problems in their own lives, but that is a subject for another day. This is an important subject about why it necessary to not give into ignorance as a pathway. The information highway on the Internet is always a click away so that an excuse not to objectively learn what we can is no valid excuse. About my initial comment about ignorance not being bliss, consider this. While not knowing the cause of something is convenient for the moment, the effect doesn't change so that whatever we are avoiding in the first place is still there either remaining worse in a static state or progressively getting worse. So action is needed despite any and all procrastination. It is easier to solve a problem when faced with it and then move on then to have it linger and then still have to face it.

No comments: