Sunday, August 14, 2016

Pain, real and imagined (#2753)

     I know this one. Where I get my feelings hurt as opposed to having an actual physical pain. The one is more self inflicted from a sensitive nature whereas the other is a result of some physical harm I have encountered. I accidentally walked into the overhang from my uncle's camper that I am storing for him and it about knocked me off my feet. I can't remember the last time I felt a smack against the side of my face like that. I almost went down. That's what I get for looking at something else while I am walking backwards. It seems I turned my head at the most inopportune time. Now that hurt and was real pain.
     I have been hurt in my heart by loss and sleight and that is what I am talking about here. The pain of loss is real pain that has no physical injury attached. It comes from my emotions and centers in my chest. The sleight kind of pain where I get my feelings hurt is different. That stems from me making myself vulnerable from opening up to someone else's whim. I have learned over time that that kind of pain is more imagined because of my own insecurities. It isn't real, it is just me having my expectations dashed, which happens all the time to everyone of us so it isn't unnatural. I don't let that kind of hopes dashed stop me. Life is too short and eventually someone will not dash my hopes.
     So understanding what is a real pain and what is a false one is important if we, I, am to have a fulfilling life without any regrets. Nothing ventured nothing gained is an axiom that holds true to time. So next time I am out there trying to connect somehow, and get smacked down for my efforts I will not be deterred and instead move onto the next opportunity for me to open myself up. I am not such a bad guy so eventually someone will find that out.

No comments: