Thursday, January 19, 2017

The last full day of President Obama (#2911)

     The day has come when you Barack Obama will serve one more wake-up and then be a private citizen again. This is a bit of a special day for me in that nearly 8 years ago, on January 31, 2009, I made my first daily blog post. As a disclaimer, there were 3 days where I didn't make a post but on the next ensuing day of each of those I posted 2, 1 as a makeup and the other as the daily post. but through it all President Obama you were our President. So today is the last full day that I have to post a subject while you, President Obama, are still in office.
     First I want to thank you President Obama for being a pillar of honesty and decency. I cannot say that I agreed with all of your policy positions but I can say that I did agree with most of your policies and above all I fully admire your character to live as an example of grace, strength and dignity. You have showed all of us how to raise children, how to work everyday, and how to care for those who need caring for the most. Your honor to the office of President of the United States is fulfilled with pride and accomplishment. While your own personal educational accomplishments are outstanding and give us the hope that brilliant minds can also be flexible, benevolent and filled with common sense.
     The future comes tomorrow for we Americans and it will not be like the hope for a future we had back on January 20, 2009. Yet we have fresh in our memories what the future should be like and with that knowledge fight back against the forces that would tarnish and taint the gift we have been given over the last 8 years. Well done Barack, you and your family have served our nation as role models that will be lasting and fondly remembered. It is with a heavy heart that I have to say goodbye to you as our President but the honor of having been an American citizen under your leadership is one of the proudest times of my life.

No comments: