Sunday, February 26, 2017

No time for people who aren't doing good (#2949)

     Let me be clear. I have no time at all for people who cannot see and do the good in life. Which means that coming from a large family like mine there are members who no longer are in my life. Many in fact have found it that way for reasons that have to do with their own greed and condescension. Sad in that our grandparents were strong democrats who always fought for those who had little or nothing. But as has happened in our family, like so many others, the better life provided them by the sacrifices and struggles of those who came before them has gone underappreciated or not appreciated at all. A sense of entitlement has infiltrated their mindsets and no amount of fact or truth seems to be able to break through their defenses.
      Same with friends from my past. I have no time for them either if they cannot find it in their hearts to care about more than just themselves. I think of it this way. I have been unable to show them how to be more open and thoughtful about how other people must struggle just to keep at the poverty level. They seem to think we are all starting from the same advantages and privileges they take for granted and then condescend to them for not being as productive or fortunate as they are. It confounds me to no end how otherwise intelligent beings are so angry at those who cannot make good in life like they have.
     I have found that not being around or associated with those people is the best on all fronts. They do not get the benefit of my personality and character and I don't have to be disappointed and saddened by their ulterior prejudices and biases. My life is short enough as it is especially since I am in the twilight of it and for me to put myself into situations where miserable beings are around me is nonsense. I would rather not have a friend in the world if my own mental health was in jeopardy. I don't have that problem though since I have some friends who are like minded like myself and the joy and pleasure of being around them, family or friend, is a far superior way of life I had hoped would be more universal.

No comments: