Thursday, July 20, 2017

Principles in the face of torture (#3093)

     What scares us most? Being tortured for disagreeing with the bully? Being outspoken enough that if he takes control of our government that he will hunt us down and torture the hell out of for his pleasure? I don't care whether that is even possible or not. I will speak out and deal with the consequences of my decision. Because I happen to believe in not some fantasy or belief system, but in what I value, like my principles. Being true to myself is the first cause of action for me. I care and I wonder and with those two things my life becomes an open book. Change is the one constant I can count on with most all things in life but not with the values that have founded my existence.
     So if the worst thing happens and I am made to suffer for what I know is right and good then so be it. I will not be silent nor a coward to my values. I will accept my fate regardless of its manifestation. Even since I was a young boy I have long admired Nathan Hale's quote, "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." It has been an inspiration for me as a rallying point to protect my values no matter what. I had failed to do that for a period in my life when I got lost within myself but since I have reclaimed my identity Hale's example is a stalwart reminder of what sacrifice and courage can exemplify. The bully in the White House is not going to get an inch of withdrawal from me and instead I will advance on him with the truth for every word and every action he takes to further destroy the society that our brave foreparents built here in America.
     So ask yourself, what are you willing to endure to keep your freedom from tyranny? What are you willing to sacrifice in the face of horrible pain and suffering? What are you going to leave as your legacy here in this existence despite all that would make you stumble and fall? Answer these questions and then you will know who you are and what you are willing to do to keep that. No one said we would get to live a life of luxury and ease. Life is hard especially hard when the bullies of the world are at our doorsteps. So the proof of the pudding is in the eating of it as they say. What will you do to keep your rights as a free people in a democracy that is under siege? Find out now and then be that person that they write about 200 some years from now like Nathan Hale.

No comments: