Thursday, September 7, 2017

No Russian dictator nor American tyrant have sway over me (#3142)

     In each person's life there is a line in the sand moment. Mine was drawn many years ago when I realized that if I didn't speak up and call the truth out for all to hear I was not being the human being I thought between my ears that I was. Knowing in my mind and heart that I am a decent respectful person is not enough. I had to prove it so that it has real value for all to see. I am no thief or liar nor cheat. I am a good person who will not stand by and let bad people bully or otherwise have free run against those of us who are too afraid at the moment to act. I have crossed my line already so there is no going back. There is such a relief in knowing that whatever happens to me, I am true to myself and being courageous is at the top of the list.
     This is how we all should live our lives. Where we put our courage before our fear. I know it is easy to say and so difficult to do because many see that their lives are just beginning or their lives are finally making good sense and don't want to gamble with sacrificing their lives to make political points. Well let me say this about that. Political points are what keeps wars from starting, political points keeps the least among us from cruelty and suffering to ultimately death. Political points are what keep our own dignity and respect alive to teach to our offspring. Weigh the cost of being more cowardly than courageous and then tell me that doing nothing to upset your particular cart is a better option.
     So when the bullies in charge of major nations or the loud bullies in the neighborhood try to hold their power over us it is because we let them instead of saying no to them and then staring them down with a look of "I'm all in on stopping you"! Our own personal lines in the sand have to be real and matter. We cannot fake our courage. It has to be real regardless of how scary that is. Be willing to lay it all on the line for what is right about we humans and then you will find that you have never felt more alive when the bullies, dictators and tyrants shrink back to under their rocks where they need to be sent. I had to learn to be courageous by looking at others be courageous and then I knew I could be too despite the fear that brings. Courage grows on you and then eventually you find that being courageous about most all things is as natural as breathing air.

No comments: