Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Not even the concept of a God bullies me! (#3141)

     Here is how I see it. First I am not a believer in any man made religion. None! But let me get to some reasoning first. If there is a God and the God says I have free will then so far so good. But the problem comes when the God says that if I don't believe in him and follow the God's "commandments" written by men who were allegedly inspired by the God, okay that is weird, I will not be able to enter some Kingdom of a Heaven and instead am forced to live in a Hell of everlasting fire. So the idea of me having a free will sure seems to me to be irrelevant. Because either I do what I am told by some men who wrote what they thought the word of some God was relaying to them, or I am burned in hell for eternity.
     Of course there is the second line of reasoning which is that it is all made up in order to instill fear into us so that we become pliable as useful resources. Not such an outrageous thought given the nature of we men who can't seem to do right by all of humanity. Control is our big problem and with a form of religion that makes it clear we have little to no choice to follow, the control becomes available. We are still a fearful lot we humans and the use of fear by old institutional forces to maneuver humans into some compliance is a value that they don't want to lose to enlightenment so keep the myths, mores and superstitions alive in order to keep us where we are easily suppressed.
     So if there is a God, I don't care for the God because I will not be told how to live my life based upon a threat. If there isn't a God then why would I follow the dogma that powerful forces want me to accept for their own benefit? I live my life for me. I have my own principles of honor and doing right without the need for an artificial one. I don't need to believe in any religion to feel safe from life, on the contrary I fight to make life safe for all that I can. I sort of laugh when fear presents itself. Fear, if not used for caution when caution is necessary is a detriment and is a useless paradigm and not something I would ever shy from. I live in courage and being a coward is not part of that. Live one life and enjoy it without being shackled by religion or those who would put a collar and rein on my neck.
  

No comments: