Wednesday, November 1, 2017

I try to feel empathy for trump but as of yet cannot (#3197)

     It isn't easy for me railing against trump 24/7 as I am a human who thinks that all humans have some decency in them that translates into them having at least a specter of goodwill toward others. But in trump it is hard to recognize. I don't even see a warmth in him toward family that would have by now shown itself at least in a few examples. Yet nothing of humanity as far as I can tell. He is more the fractured drone who thinks he is a Queen Bee. A want-to-be in disguise. His whole demeanor is to attract attention to himself and the more adoring the attention is the more exultant he becomes. Again, I am a human who thinks everyone has at least a modicum of humanity in them but with trump I have yet to discover it.
     What he has shown me is his contempt for most everything not him. He condescends to all other life forms except those who praise him and quite possibly those who have dirt on him. The most boggling is his perfect record of not admonishing Russia and Putin. For me it is obvious to extrapolate out that Putin has some nasty dirt on him and not even the disgusting trump wants it to be known. As for us here in America who are not his donors we are subject to his despise of us through his tearing down of our social progress, our economic progress and our constitutional rights. His disdain is not shrouded behind any mask, he is upfront and bullying about it.
     Still though as a human being I am troubled that I cannot find it within me to feel any empathy for him as a human being. He is an existential part of our lives and such things created in nature must be given some deference. However I feel more for creatures that exist in the darkest part of nature than I do for trump. He has shown the world that he cannot nor will not respect life like a real human being who has curiosity and compassion underlying his personal code for living. He is a broken being who masquerades as majestically unique. He is not complete in the mind nor the heart and as far as his nature goes I cannot wish anyone to have to be in his presence and experience the disjunction of his pretense. I will keep trying to feel empathy for him as a service to myself but trump is giving me nothing to work with.
     

No comments: