Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Carl Clark was here (#3259)

     What is it about we humans that we have to leave our names on things? I know what it is about trump and his narcissism but what about the rest of us who are satisfied with carving our names into picnic tables, trees or our desks? The act of letting the Universe know that we are or were alive has some deep seated need to be validated as existing. I know it is with me. On my desk at school and even now on my desk at home I have my name carved on the desktop. I know I have devalued the desk, lol., by carving on it but who really cares but me and I don't care. :) Yet the act or the impetus behind the desire to leave my name behind with a "was here" is interesting. I didn't know what my topic was going to be this morning so just letting my mind flow out into type has brought me here.
     Surely the Universe knows that I am here since I am a creation within it. Of course everything could be just chaos but if that were the case I expect I wouldn't have existed in the first place. As well I don't believe there is some intelligent force designing our atomic motions either. So somewhere in between all chaos and intelligent design is where I feel we are. I guess my need to put my name down in a place where it may be seen is a form of acknowledgement that I have a voice and it isn't loud or braggadocious, just real. I started this blog site as a way to get my voice out where my voice may be heard. The alternative was always being in a small group where my voice was stifled. I am a good person and living in a world where bad things happen too often it was necessary for me to make known my hatred of bad behavior.
     "Carl Clark was here" is symbolic of me not knowing why I am here or how I got here. Here being in existence with all the rest of us life forms. The Universe that we are made of as yet gives no clues as to why or how we became but the scratching on my desk at least lets someone else know that I was here and had the wherewithal to proclaim it. I am not looking to be glorified like trump but instead to be recognized that although in my own limited way I was not just someone who lived and died without trying to understand and know the why and how of time, space and existence. My little phrase like all the others who have done the same is just a reminder that although we don't know the answers we are or were still looking for them.

No comments: