Sunday, May 6, 2018

We must protect our democracy! (#3383)

     Any vote given to a republican anywhere is a vote to dismantle our democracy. The republican party sold out the American people in order to establish their own brand of government. It isn't democracy as much as it is authoritarianism. How could we let our voices be diminished by giving those who would not listen to us our confidence? Why would we let someone tell us what we want or need without asking us? Are we such baby children that we cannot decide what we need or want? Are we really just the sheep republicans think we are? I know one thing for sure, I am not!
     I never vote for republicans because over my political life I have seen the devastation they bring to so many that it hurts my soul to even remember. Yet I will never forget and until republicans are driven out of public office that pain will always be front and center with me. I am not a child who needs some ego driven carpetbagger to tell me how to live. I live by honorable principles, not nefarious ulterior motives. All I see around me are republicans who want to take take and take while giving nothing in return. They are selfish and wouldn't know the benevolent meaning or the soul satisfying feeling one gets from giving to those who have not. We live one time in our bodies and if we are going to live we need to live like there is a purposeful noble reason, not with hatred, greed or condescension.
     So in order to protect our democracy we must elect those who would give equal rights to all so that none are left without as a foundation. What we do with our beginning is up to us to make or break. But never should anyone not have the same right and opportunity to make the most out of their lives. This is our American democratic credo. Give all to democracy so democracy can give all back. Our community, and it is our community, is either going to be a shining example of how civilized people live or it will be one of brutal force where some benefit from society and many do not. The choice is so very clear and if you vote for republicans again you are the worst of what we humans can be!

No comments: