Thursday, May 17, 2018

Why I care (#3394)

     The reason I am a progressive liberal is because I have a heart, mind and soul that reminds me of what indignity, disrespect, brutality and suffering feel like. I have experienced all those and more in my life as well as all others have and unfortunately will continue to experience. I am a human being with not only the ability to adapt but even more as a priority, an ability to overcome. We liberals are the fiercest human beings alive simply because we are not selfish. No one should ever doubt our resolve and our determination to go to any lengths to vanquish that which is of an intentional harm. So if you think that being liberal is being soft, you are once again wrong in how you understand life.
     There is no hero in life who didn't value others as least as much as themself. Only cowards value themselves above others when they could otherwise sacrifice at least a little. As we liberal/progressives reside in the democratic party it is quite clear that we democrats are the heroes in life far more so than the republicans. I am not saying that republicans have no heroes in their party but if you search high and low you will find few examples. We democrats want to end the paradigms that promote and inculcate the worst of what humans have become. We don't see the need for prejudice when merit is the real differentiation among us. We don't see gender as a plus or minus based solely upon gender, we see values within all humans as plus or minus based upon thoughts and actions.
     I care because I am more human than those who don't care. I am proud to be a human being with all the traits and natures that exemplify our majesty. That which is not majestic, noble nor honorable is left to those who only care for themselves, which if you look into the republican party will have no trouble finding many examples. We who care are in the democratic party and we are multitudes. Whether it is saving our planet or just saving our species, we don't want to let go of what is the best and brightest about this existence. Most generally we don't care for all the whistles buzzers and bells of life as much as we care that all of us have enough to at least escape poverty. I am not one to bask in wealth, I am one to bask in the goodness of the heartfelt.

No comments: