Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Defending my principles is like fighting a war, never surrender! (#3574)

     In some areas of ethics and morality I will never surrender to compromise. It is my life to live as me and who I am is more important to me than what others think. It is the way of this honorable man. Those who need validation from others will never know the brilliance of being true to oneself regardless of peer pressure or preserving an appearance for some family ritual clique. I have learned that those who would be me in some way through influence that is neither wanted nor asked for have an agenda outside anything to do with me being acceptable in some way. They want their power to be who they are while making me a subservient of it. No longer do I engage in the unnatural mind games of twisting logic into a preferred outcome.
     I have felt for some time now that like minded souls attract in ways that are natural and optimistic. I don't need the bonds of familial relationships to entwine my life at the sacrifice of my principles. They are archaic and irrelevant when contrasted with logic and just as importantly, knowledgeable common sense. My life is freer from the chaos and whirligig of drama which always seems to follow those who do not put their principles before their thoughts and actions. I have found a calming peace in my life by not being what others want me to be. I understand that my life has a time limit and anything I don't do that is who I am is time and space I will never get back.
     That is why I see defending my principles as a war. There are always those out there that want me to not be me and I won't stand, sit nor lay down for it. Once one has seen the light of day on what life should be like for each individual there is no going back to a darkness that doesn't allow for change or possibility. My bedrock is now as stable as it should be and the attacks from those who would change me are diminishing as time goes by. I have defended against the mighty first assaults and now it is only skirmishes that appear on my horizons. I have won the war that many have yet to even battle and that is why I write this. Never surrender being who you are no matter what any other person may think or say. We all have to make our stand and if it is in the light of honorable principle then you will find your position well worthy of triumph.

No comments: