Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My nephew Casey (#4)

My nephew came by today and spent a little time with me today. I was happy to see him. He occasionally calls me to say hello and once in a while comes by to visit. Casey and I share the same birthday so we have this unusual extra bond. My brother Jim, Casey's dad passed about five years ago so I hope to be a better uncle than before Jim's passing. His mother, my sister in law is battling cancer in a way that is both admirable and determined. I see my nephew and how he is as a human being and am so proud to be in his life. He is only 26 years old but much more mature than that. I guess the lesson I am learning today is maybe my nephew has learned to be a better nephew to his uncle. It would not surprise me since his greatest strength appears to come from his heart.

1 comment:

CS said...

I read this post before leaving for work tonight uncle. I forced my thoughts into thinking heavily about Dad. Sometimes I feel like I can hold conversations with him. (Ill share an instance that was truly ironic with you sometime.) Of course it could all just be my imagination, but its all I really have right now. I love you uncle. Look forward to more blogs.