Monday, July 13, 2009

It's alright to be tired (#164)

When I awoke this morning I was so tired I just wanted to stop and go back to sleep. This does not happen to me very often. When I was young I was always wanting to sleep longer but since I've become an adult, I normally feel refreshed when I wake up. I know that, at times, my body just needs to recharge with extra sleep. I'm not lazy but just given to human physical/mental demands that eventually make me more tired than normal. When I looked at myself in the mirror this morning I knew I was in for a long day. My face was just hanging there off the front of my head. I had to stare hard into the mirror and remind myself to smile. When I had seen the smile form and then appear from the reflection in the mirror, I knew I was going to be fine. My little apartment animals have their routine and they cannot be ignored so there is no shirking my responsibilities to them so up I must be. I will go to sleep earlier tonight in order to put some extra sleep time in, since being fresh of mind and spirit is what I wish to be. I figured out long ago that I am not a machine that can go on and on, but rather I am given to spurts and starts which my body is very efficient at reminding me. This is just another opportunity for me to apply the basic principles of positive human traits. If I can be a good to great example of humanity when I am tired and less than at my best wits then I am content in that I am still becoming the man I wish to present to the world as me. Life, nature, destiny all control the course of my future path and the limited physical functions I have available equal the hard that I get to overcome by maintaining my relentless belief in the worthiness of this existential experiment.

No comments: