Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I must keep my raw edge (#306)

I suppose what I mean by this title is that I don't wish to lose my vigor for the things that matter to me. I know that as I gain more wisdom and experience with subjects, I have a tendency to be more reflective and conservative in my responses. What I don't want to add to that is a general malaise about subjects that need my vitality behind their cause. It is almost as if I am becoming inured to my own emotions. this is not acceptable to me because it demonstrates an apathy I am unwilling to have reflected back to others. I am responsible for my passions and I cannot allow them to wither away. It is known and acceptable to slow down with age and I am among those who feel the passage of time as it relates to my physical presence. My physical presence is not my mental state, although it does have some influence. Regardless, my mental state is under no such ravage of time like my physical body is. At least not yet. So despite how tired I may feel as a physical property, my reason and creative thoughts have to continue to be counted among those who would stand tall in the face of less than the better and best principles of humanity. When my time comes to an end I have no delusion or belief of anything at all. That however does not preclude something else existing. What I know is best for me is to make my highest mark in this existence and expect that my mark will be counted somewhere and somehow as one example of how humanity can try to be it's best.

No comments: