Thursday, December 31, 2009

One door closes a new one opens (#335)

"Life is a funny old thing". I heard this in a movie once and right now seems to have full meaning for me. More like quirky then funny but still it does have it's due. The saying implies to me that regardless of what I try to do life or fate will control despite logic or emotion. The overview is simply put by the opening sentence in this posting. It is somewhat amusing that no matter what serious or emotional investment I make toward a conclusion, "what will be will be". Ha, another great line from a movie. It is comforting to know that I don't take myself so seriously or emotionally that I can't see the trees for the forest. I am full of cliches today. The most important thing in life is living it, not the results I hope to achieve. If I never lose sight of this the rest of my life I will be able to smile a lot about how life has turned out. When I was younger, I used to have a quixotic approach that often left me disillusioned. A remnant from that time was a wry smile I developed and still possess. That wry smile is on my face now as I recall that life is a funny old thing. I will continue to advance my hopes and desires with all my being but I will also recognize the quirkiness of life and it's outcomes with the same wry smile that is emblematic of life's outcomes, not mine.

No comments: