Sunday, December 6, 2009

We all have our faults (#310)

In my attempt to improve myself I am constantly reminded that I have faults that are being managed but not controlled. It is these faults that have my greatest attention because they could prove to be impediments to my quest to be the best man I am able to be. I write about this subject because I want everyone to know that I have not figured out how to live my life yet and I am far from it in my perspective. I recognize what they are and I am aware that I can improve myself with more meditation on possible solutions and in gaining the confidence in myself that would eliminate most all of them. My problems stem from my emotional nature. If I am to correct and control my emotions on a level that I find acceptable then I must focus my attention at the emotion and learn it's underlying impetus. Most of my emotion is stirred out of a concept of justice, morality and ethics. It appears that my emotions can also be seen by others when I have not fully vetted them to an appropriate level. I can be a hothead once in a while. Although showing my emotions is not a crime it is an injustice to those who must witness the spectacle. I am motivated by the best intention but that does not allow me to express my emotions on impulse. It is the impulse that I must learn to have better control over and I am working on it as write this post. I have no example of an emotional outburst but I know I am capable of it if I don't plan ahead for the eventuality. Being pro-active is what I am advocating whenever a situation comes up where I have a chance to recognize it before It actually happens.

No comments: