Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Embrace your life (#375)

Your destiny is what you are. All the things surrounding your life help to shape what will be your story. The outline of your life needs to be defined by either you or someone else, how will it be? I am at the point in my life where half of my story is already written. That I cannot change, but from this day forward the rest of my life can be shaped by how I use my effort and imagination. There are no really perfect guidelines for us humans to follow that we are able to sustain with not ever failing. We can however do all within our power to remain objective about what reality is and always strive to maintain our best intentions without harming any one else. John Stuart Mill winnowed down the most important trait to humanity, outside of felt or expressed emotion, that must be aboded by, this being (do no harm to others or yourself). Finding a more reasonable starting point in taking charge of my destiny, would be great, but for me this one action of thought and body will suffice nicely. From there I am able to establish the principles of thought and action I want to have happen as a reflection of who I want to be. My decision to take action is proportional to what I want the rest of my life to mean.

No comments: