Monday, February 8, 2010

Harmonics and understanding (#374)

Sound, an amazing sense. More specifically harmonic sound. Not just noise but more-so coordinated combinations of varying wave lengths. I am learning more of what I like in life and music is one of them. The generation of music I was raised on brings out so much thought and analysis of life that it has captured my attention and imagination. Now don't get me wrong, I am also captured by the emotion music evokes in me. Maybe more-so the emotional aspect of it than any other reason. The pure and simple combinations of varying sound combined with words that teach and inform have come to symbolize a particular need for me. I don't need music to survive but I would have music while I am surviving. Music for me is another supplement of reading, which I use to be informed and taught. The difference between using my eyes to read and using my ears to hear is that when I am listening I also get to experience the varying wave patterns that co-exist with the message being given. It is a two for one experience. words of language intertwined with emotive sound. I will continue to use both senses to further my understanding of this existence but sound is playing a larger role in my life than it has ever before. I believe that today, unlike in my past, I am actually hearing the music with all of me instead of just enough of me.

No comments: