Saturday, February 12, 2011

All of us are an example (#743)

We all do truly matter. What we represent and reflect back out to each other is what and how we think about ourselves. We don't have to reflect out to others who we are and for a long time in my life I didn't care much what anyone thought, especially myself. Coming to maturity has changed that. I have put away the things of inconsequence and have accepted that life needs me to be positive and helpful instead of, by default, greedy and hurtful. There are those out there who think that not being greedy or selfish is foolish. They have the mindset that we must all fend for ourselves if we are to achieve some sort of happiness. That if I don't do it someone else will. As though being cynical is the right thing to do and shows intelligence. My experience has been that when I take at will for me without regard to any consequence, I have effectively taken from someone else. I keep saying this and will keep saying it to my dying day, resources are limited. There is only so much to go around. If I am taking indiscriminately I am denying what others very well could need just to survive. I bring up being an example for a purpose. Somehow an enlightened mindset needs to foster some growth in all of us so that we can learn to appreciate each other more than we appreciate "other things". This sense of deserve or entitlement, when used to define greed or selfishness, must not be allowed to thrive. We all need or deserve some portion of some things, most notably respect, but to advance ways of thinking that harbor success as measured by the most of accumulated things is an ironic self-destruction. We should be focused on how we act and the benefit of our actions when measured to our fellow humans and the hopes we all need to share.

No comments: