Sunday, July 31, 2011

How do we learn to trust one another? (#912)

How do we learn to trust one another? We have shared interests to start. When we can all agree on some generalized process or policy then we are all self-vested. It is a starting point at the lowest level of interaction but at least a beginning. I have been a big fan of doing unto others as I would have them do unto me. I know that is a biblical quote but it is appropriate in this context. My word is a very valuable thing to me. Even to the point of pausing as long as it takes for me to be able to keep it. I cannot give my word to someone or even to myself and not follow through. I just cannot. If I ever did examine why I have made keeping my word a foundation to never go below it is out of disappointment in my own life. Promises not kept in order for someone else to gain an advantage. Disappointment aside, I need to have boundaries in my life and this is one. It isn't that hard to do, I am just cognizant of the words that come out of my mouth and the meaning of those words. It is funny to me or better yet, different for me to have evolved into a man who takes what he says seriously when most of my early life was all about joking and being cavalier. A student of learning how to be who I am has a lot to do with it as well as behavioral changes that respect my body and mind. My own personal growth toward becoming a member of society that reflects the better and best of humanity is appealing. I want to be part of the human race and contribute in a way that lives up to my own abilities. I am finding ways to discover commonalities with others and sticking to my principles of being honest and trustworthy. It is not that hard to do when I look at what the priorities are in my own life. I have changed quite a lot over time and the changes have been good.

No comments: