Monday, July 4, 2011

Thinking outside the box (#885)

A common enough phrase used to allow us to consider other options that exist outside our usual way of thinking in order to effect our doing. This really comes back to being changeable. I have a friend who is all the time talking about how his situations in life are always changeable. Thinking outside the box is the same premise. For me, it all comes back around to doing things that are comfortable and falling into a regular patterns. Well that is not sensible when all that is around us is in a constant state of change. Nothing stays the same except our will to perceive it as so and even that must change, thus thinking outside the box. I have found that what works for me is to understand that I am not very qualified to know absolutes. I do not pretend to know things based upon assumptions, best guesses or just outright fantasy. this world and the existence that it presents to us is outside our control. We are born into this and have no say as to why, if any, there is a reason for it, besides the physical actions that brought about our birth. Given that we are all clueless about why we are here as to a purpose, we must leave open any and all interpretations about it. I have not settled on anything as an absolute since there is no evidence of there being any absolutes. There are faith systems used to mollify the fearful, but those require an absolute faith in them and I am not capable of doing that when there are still other possibilities. I do not lie or give false evidence of having an unconditional faith as a perfect answer to our reason for being. I prefer instead to remain in my truth of which defines this world's existence to me as unknown. I am satisfied for now knowing that I don't know. At the very least I am at the truth of what I know/don't know. I will continue to think outside the box in the hope that someday I will have an idea about our universal existence and what it means.

No comments: