Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I have a dangerous mind (#1181)

It is true, my mind is dangerous to those who don't want me to use it for thinking. When I think about life and our living in it, that cannot be good for those who want to do all the thinking for not only me, but the rest of us as well. We are to be led around by those who think they are our betters and told what to think and not how to think. The assault on education by some in our country is evidence enough that they fear those who can rationalize their own conclusions. It is perplexing that in this great existence of so many unknowns, there are those who would tell us that they know and that we should believe them. What is even more perplexing is that many others would believe them. I know in this existence there is much that can be feared, however, allowing fear to leverage us to others' thoughts for us is timid and lacking of human spirit. I have a dangerous mind because I am not afraid of those who would try to bully me into a philosophy that undermines the nature of my curiosity. I am alive only for a short time and learning and observing phenomenon is how I live. To do anything different is to give over the will of my life to another. All of us have the potential to be the greatest of who we think we can be. All it takes is effort and a determined will. Despite the fear and naysayers, we, each of us, is a force of nature. Equipped with the ability to understand what is in our souls and what is right in front of us. If we allow others to dictate the parameters of our lives based upon any myth or superstitional premise, we are in reality, allocating our present selves over to the whims of others who are no different than us. A capitulation of our will is a choice we should abrogate.  

No comments: