Friday, April 13, 2012

My moral obligation (#1169)

What is it that I owe to the Universe and to myself. Many would say nothing, as the Universe is just a place I dwell and myself has already been paid some price for as I am already in existence. I would counter the Universe is a greater entity than I and that I am totally made up of just some of the elements that are within the Universe. The Universe is my sovereign and as such I owe an allegiance to it for my very existence. Now, I am not saying that I worship the Universe as a God or that nothing else can exist outside what is known as the Universe, but to be very clear, I am saying that I have a moral obligation to the ideal the Universe allows me to comprehend. It has also been my assertion that the complete human nature in it's purest form is compassion, ie... care; and curiosity in the form of wonder and knowledge attainment. I also stipulate that a third dynamic exists within us that has to do with our need to survive. In understanding what I think is right about what it is to be human, I do also owe a moral obligation to myself to being that purest from of human. So, not only do I owe the Universe homage but I also owe humanity homage as well. I have a form of sovereign over me that transcends our emerging civilized society and any form of belief system. This is the check and balance I have within my life. So the question of what comes around goes around is very real to me and serves to help me define what it is that displays and respects the best of me. So for those who think that consequences of actions do not matter and that getting away with whatever one chooses to succeed at is always a worthy endeavor, I just have this to say, living life without striving to make it the most virtuous is a failure of character and moral dignity, which is marked in the record of the Universe as such.

No comments: