Sunday, April 1, 2012

Optimism is the foundation of Hope (#1157)

Optimism is a strategy when it seems that life has turned against us. I find it more a way of life, when looking at how I live. No matter how bad, plain or ordinary anything is, I can always see something better to hope for. Where I am in life, has nothing to do with how I stay positive about life. My optimism is everything to do with life for me. Every day is like a Christmas morning, full of anticipation about what the day may bring. Just having a day to live in, is a great gift and then having hope for something more is truly rewarding. I don't often get what I may hope for but that is beside the point anyway, having an optimism about receiving the hoped for outcome or event is all I could legitimately ask for. An opportunity for optimism to be possible is permeated throughout my thoughts. I sometimes forget that being optimistic is the best outlook when I get down about how things are going. When real life shows it's unkindness in ways that cause pain and emotional hurt, yet nothing I experience is new and for millenniums, humans have experienced these and even worse scenarios. I can honestly say that nothing I experience in my life will ever be as bad as many had experienced in theirs. For me, optimism is about perspective. Some may think that optimism is foolish and just an illusion, however, I would rather think that optimism is about hope and hope is the best I can do in a world that has the potential to bring anything about. When I say optimism is a strategy I mean to convey that given the alternative, I would rather be on the bright side of this existence and being optimistic keeps me there.

No comments: