Thursday, April 12, 2012

Validation does not have to be an insecurity (#1168)

I remember when I was younger and felt less than everyone else. It was a phase I was going through when it seemed that my life was clearly unworthy. In my mind, I needed to be validated as a human being so I tried to be good at many things in an illusory way rather than in a real way. In other words, I would lie about being smart on difficult subjects. Clearly, I was wrong in doing so and some wise people who actually knew the truth about things called me out on it. As smart as I was about my ulterior motives, I could not extricate myself from them and those exposing the truth about my deceptions. That was long ago and it was about finding some validation for me as a unique individual. I quickly learned that I have always been a unique individual and regardless of what I did or thought, I would always be one. I think of it as a growth period for me when the opening of my eyes by those who told the truth over the top of my lies moved me from a small world perspective to a much larger world perspective. I have found that setting aside all my likes and dislikes frees me to just being in the position to tell the truth. Now, what is the truth? Simple, it is what is actually happening without me interpreting it. Basic reality. Now on occasion, as has been evinced by me, I do subscribe to objective interpretation, however, I do so in the quest for truth and not with any intentional subjective motive. I must dissect arguments for the foundational premise of their truth. For me, the only validation worthy of my time and place here in existence is truth and not just truth to fit a narrative but truth as it relates to our natures and the best of our abilities.

No comments: