Thursday, March 14, 2013

What is "being in love"? (#1504)

I know this one pretty well as in my life I have felt it twice with great emotion. Now being infatuated can be very emotional as well but being in love is a whole different higher level. There is an inescapable sense to it. The old saying about gut feeling is never more true when it comes to being in love. My guts were twisted in knots at just the thought of seeing either of these two women. Now you may be saying to yourself how can you have been in love twice? I suppose that is simply answered by stating that the first "in love" didn't stick and in the process of moving on I changed somewhat and went through a metamorphosis. I have never lost that being in love with the first woman but it is buried deep where I know it will never be rekindled. As to the second woman, that didn't work for me either so like the first, it is buried deep within me also. Being in love is truly a remarkable phenomenon. Everything around me was heightened with a wonderful expectation. A fullness filled me that cannot be duplicated. Such I think is a natural consequence of two who find within each other that which they cherish and hold dear. In my blog here I am of a one track mind about how curiosity and compassion are the two natural instincts we humans have within us and nothing will change on that front with me, however, within the grouping of compassion, exists the greatest of emotional expressions, that being love. No reason for being has defined our species more than how we feel about those who are most special to us. Being in love is the ultimate goal for any of us who have seen this world with enough clarity to know that the quality of how we feel will always be greater than any philosophy defined for our existence. 

1 comment:

Blissful Banter of a Creative Crafter said...

That's beautiful Carl and I hope the next one you fall in love with will be the one that sticks. xx