Monday, July 8, 2013

Never too old to find love again (#1620)

I am telling myself this as much as anyone who may read this. I have had some powerful emotional relationships that fit within the general description of love. Some were infatuations of a high degree and some were real punch in the gut heart breakers. However, I have not had the one true love yet and for that alone I should never stop looking. As time goes by the idea of finding a love that would thrill me to the bone becomes less certain. It is funny that when I was a lot younger I just knew that I would find my match and all things would be as they should be, according to me that is. lol. I have since found out that there are no promises from life especially to me nor am I anything special in the deserves or privileges arena. What I have discovered is that while I was busy doing whatever, I have gotten older and still have not found the love of my life. Yet, this post is about not giving up and that is how I feel this morning. Not giving up because the odds are against me is stupid. I prefer to think of the maxim that, "it is always darkest before the dawn", or the one about "don't give up right before something special could happen". So now when I have thoughts of self pity or feeling left out I just remember that I am not done yet and things do not happen on my schedule. What I do instead is to think of ways to get out and circulate more to give myself a chance to actually meet new people and maybe increase my odds of finding someone. Anyway, this post is a bit corny but it is very real to me.

No comments: