Sunday, July 7, 2013

Our better natures will succeed (#1619)

Our better natures give us the conviction to stand up to those who display our worst natures. Those who choose to live in the selfish greedy mindset of humanity are there to gain an advantage somehow and not to protect the principles of underhanded behavior. They are carpetbaggers, who come and go as long as there is some advantage to be had. They won't stand and fight to the death for inequality, unfairness and injustice, but they will continue to use those avenues as long as those pathways exist. Then there are those who would rather stand and battle to the death for the better and best of what we humans are and progress from there. I include myself in the latter group as I have seen how cutthroat the worst of our natures have been. I am not ruthless nor am I heartless. I am caring and curious about life and it's possibilities and from that my strength in defending higher principles of virtue is unassailable. As ardent as I am about what reflects out from myself I am also willing and able to defend those who are not as able to be ardent in protecting their conscious to live in a world that comports to all of us and not just some of us. I do advocate on behalf of those who have been denied the equality of opportunity on the most basic levels. I do because I can and because I am willing to be strong in the face of those who would only seek to comfort themselves regardless of the effect it may have on others. Crushing the crass illusions of ignorance and ethical misappropriation is my goal and seeking to replace it with an elevated enlightenment is my hope. I do see a future with the better and best of our natures on display as a rule, not as an exception.

No comments: