Friday, July 12, 2013

When backed into a corner the only way out is forward (#1624)

It is natural and correct to go on the offensive when there is no more hope for defense. When all hope is lost on a situation changing on it's own or through others then the right course of action is to launch out on one's own. This idea is synonymous with being under duress much like what a bully would try to make one do or feel. I remember in my own youthful past a bully was relentless in his verbal denigration of me until I had to respond regardless of how much fear I was feeling. I felt like a coward for days until finally I steeled myself and hardened my focus and when he came and pushed me I unleashed an all out attack on him in the shape of a wild man fighting for his last breath. I didn't hurt him when it was done but I did repair my courage and in that the respect of those who were previously glorifying him for his bullying. I learned my lesson the way most kids of an early age do, through having to find the inner courage to overcome whatever fear we have been saddled with. I was not a mean kid nor a trouble maker but in life there are mean kids who prey upon the ones who aren't. What we find is that unless we stand up and either beat back the bully or take a beating while fighting back with all our might and move on to the next round if that is the case, we will never find our inner peace. Life is too precious to have someone else telling us what to do or belittling our idea of it. I have found that by opening my eyes wide with focus and making myself ready for a battle is the only way I can get out from under someone else disrespecting my right to be myself.

No comments: