Sunday, August 11, 2013

If Karma exists (#1654)

I don't even bother trying to deny Karma as an existence. For me it does exist, whether that is true or not. I like to keep my mind and spirit in a place where everything that I am or are going to do must be accounted for. Most believe that at death we are no longer attached to our living choices and decisions, for me though I think that somehow we are and what we do when we are alive follows us even in death. I know it does sound ludicrous given what we know about science but some things about science we have yet to fully comprehend when it comes to the link between life and death. Regardless, personally for me, I just think that what we do when we are alive reflects our soul's desires if we listen to it. My soul may live on beyond my life in this existence and if it does I am only doing here today what I feel is the continuum of what and who I am. I made plenty of mistakes early on in my life but I have matured from those choices and rectified them in ways that express my true self. I can admit I was wrong in being more selfish than selfless. I can admit that harming others for the sake of pettiness and advantage was wrong. I can admit that letting my ego rule my life as if I were a demigod was wrong and all that that entailed. In my opinion, a lot of the dashed/fulfilled hopes and dreams of mine are the other end of Karma coming back and completing the cycle with me and that is how it should be. I may have learned and moved on from my youth's foolishness but the consequences of those decisions will continue to come around until my slate is cleared. I accept that and find peace within the idea that everything is inversely proportional to some equal balance.

No comments: