Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Keeping my eye on the ball (#1656)

It is so easy for me to get distracted and lured into things I on hindsight wish I hadn't. I keep a schedule of sorts to help me stay focused on what is important to me. Although my best intentions are powerful they can be side tracked through inconstant attention on my part. All of this to say in essence is that if I don't know who I am and what purposes I have it is difficult if not impossible to maintain a course of life that brings much happiness. Happiness is my goal and although our present society is frustrating and inhibits our pursuits of happiness more than it should, I still find times of great peace and satisfaction. Plateaus in my life they may be and welcome they are, they are not the end I pursue. I have dedicated the rest of my life to helping make our existence and the future of our existence a more virtuous dimension. Why does it matter to me what happens to others while I am alive and after I am gone? It has to do with my dual nature, to care and to wonder. It is the caring part that drives me to want to help others and it is the curious part that fuels my need to know what helps make life better for all of us. I also have a nature to survive but that nature is entwined within my other two major natures, care and wonder. It is who I am to want to stay on a laser focus for enlightenment and innovation and their implementation into our regular course of activities. If I keep my eye on the ball I am only being who I am and those distractions that come by and by are just reminders to me of how important my focus must remain.

No comments: