Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A bitter pill (#1706)

Although I was born while Eisenhower was in office, 1955, I have consciously lived under the Republican administrations of Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush 1, Bush 2 and all of them represented policies that made me angry or sad depending on the outcome of them. I did however soldier through until we elected such administrations as Kennedy, Johnson, Carter, Clinton and now Obama and I am much more at peace within my soul. This is our era of governing now and for that I am happy. Yet there are those who are not obeying the rule of the majority we have established to guide our country. We allow the majority of voters to decide what the policies of our nation will be and then we have votes to determine how those policies come into effect. Even then we apply a judicial standard to them and when proper allow the Supreme Court of our country to adjudicate if the laws that have become policy are proper and good within the overall framework of our national constitution. I have had to live under devastating policies that fell within the limits of our constitution regardless of how vehemently I disagreed with them. I shrugged my shoulders and began to advocate for better policies hoping that in the future I and others would triumph with the electorate and gain political control of our nations policy decisions. I know what it is like to feel the frustration of not being in the majority but I always respected the process since it is our democracy that produced the results. That others now are willing to dismantle the democratic process we enjoy in our nation by hostage taking through inaction on our vital national functions is not to be tolerated and the least I will do is expose them constantly for their inability to swallow the bitter pill we all have to endure when we are in the minority.

No comments: