Saturday, February 15, 2014

Everything starts from within us (#1842)

I am not a mixture of conundrums, I actually have an idea about who I am and what I want to accomplish in life. It took me a while to figure that out but once I realized that I have control over who I am, despite the struggle I have with my own shortcomings, I was able to define to myself what my goals in life are and will be going forward. I "found myself" such as it is. Instead of molding myself to the whims of society, I found that honorable principles should and do guide my life. I gave up being selfish, such as I am able, and instead focused my energy on keeping positive while doing good things for others. Now most of the time a side effect of doing good things for others actually ends up being good for me but that is an effect not the cause. Although I will say that I know that when I can do something from me out to others I am always left with a satisfaction that brings me a joyful peace. It reminds me of how sublimity might be. The radiance that emanates from my soul after being selfless is so enjoyable that I can't but help to want more and more. They say that money can't buy everything and that is hard to imagine given how our society worships at it's greedy altar, but for sure money cannot buy inner peace that radiates from the inside out. Like all things we want to own for ourselves or at least control the thoughts and actions of coming from within us, it takes courage to accept that the buck stops with each of us. We have to have the strength of conviction and the principled perseverance to allow ourselves the dignity of our own individualism within our contract of community.

No comments: