Monday, July 7, 2014

"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart"-Chief Tecumseh (#1984)

How is it that possible? When I had gotten to the point of respecting myself and reflecting that respect out to others is how. When there is a well deserved sense of humbled pride in one's thoughts and actions, there is no room for fear. Now not all fear is bad. It is good to fear that which is imminently dangerous so as to realize that quick action is required. In that case fear serves as a recognition factor and a motivator to defend against that which is causing the fear. But in the final tally there is no defense against eventual death. Though we battle throughout our lives to live we, in the back of our minds, know that our struggle will finally come to an end at death. So in knowing eventually that death will welcome us, it is wise to make peace with that eventuality and the coming of it, and instead focus on the life we still have and what we should be doing with it. I am not afraid of death, I am saddened that life will end is all. I want to live and most all of us are of that mindset. But not most of us have already made peace with death. When I was younger I was in denial about death and instead ignored it despite the logic of it's truth. As I have gotten older I am not so ready to be willfully ignorant to death, instead I have made peace with it and in that maturity of thought was given my reward. I no longer let that fear or any other quake me to my boots or freeze me to inaction. I move forward with this promise, I have a life now that I can still try to do magical things with and when the time comes for me to go I will have lived a good part of my life understanding that the good that is within me has my full attention and my actions can reflect that without the grip of fear that death used to hinder me with.

No comments: