Saturday, August 16, 2014

Why am I a Progressive? (#2024)

I chose to be a progressive. I didn't inherit it from my parents, although they have been, like my grandparents most always Democrats. I chose progressivism because of it's overall outlook. From Wikipedia: "Progessivism is a broad political philosophy based on the idea of progress, which asserts that advances in science, technology, economic development, and social organization can improve the human condition.". In other words, being progressive endears itself to democratic principles. I have not been one to only look out for myself. It is a quality of mine that I believe is shared by the majority, if not most all, of our civilization. So any political affiliated system that does not have a caring for others component to it will never be able to justify itself through truth. Nor will any political affiliated system that does not have an enlightened component to it. Curiosity is our calling and our natural abilities allow us to answer that call. It is instinctual for us to want to know and no imperfect answer will suffice. Our civilization of humans has been on a quest all of our human existence to better understand what we are doing here in this environmental existence. The questions of our human era drive us to want to know, hence the need for logic and science as processes for that impetus to know. Progressivism allows for those processes of logic and science coupled with care for each other to prosper and grow. I have used this short saying I have coined to illustrate what our progressive policies envision. "People and planet before profit." it puts all things into perspective in a panoramic comprehensive way. People and planet are the highest priority. This is the progressive way. There is no other political affiliated group that has this simple rule of purpose to it. No other political organization has the heart and mind of humanity and the environment we exist within at it's core. Shall you join me in being progressive?

No comments: