Monday, December 28, 2015

The lie of the republican trickle down economics (#2523)

I was recently in a conversation on a debt site where my opponent on economic theory told me that the Bush tax cuts that expired for the wealthy were the cause of the middle/poor class not having disposable income. In essence he told me that trickle down economics works and it was the Bush tax cuts that would have saved the economy. As I tried to show him that there were few private sector jobs created during the 10 years of the Bush tax cuts he ignored this fact I presented and instead told me that our nation was prosperous under the Bush tax cuts instead. Of course he didn't offer any proof except conservative blog sites telling me so based upon unreliable data but I could not convince him otherwise with data from a non-partisan organization like the CBO, (Congressional Budget Office). It again reinforced my belief that right wing organizations and their advocates will not debate in an ethical nor logical way if the evidence clearly debunks their talking points. So it isn't so much a debate from their end as it is a brutal attempt to force their ideology upon us. My evidence from the CBO report: "This paragraph from the report says it all-"The reduction in the top tax rates appears to be uncorrelated with saving, investment and productivity growth. The top tax rates appear to have little or no relation to the size of the economic pie. However, the top tax rate reductions appear to be associated with the increasing concentration of income at the top of the income distribution.""-http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/11/02/non-partisan-congressional-tax-report-debunks-core-conservative-economic-theory-gop-suppresses-study/ Since the whole of the republican economic argument rests upon a lie it is no wonder that they have decided to continue the lie instead of admitting it. I would expect nothing less of Republicans since their whole agenda has been to increase the wealth of the 1% while destroying our American middle class by destroying unions through right to work laws, which are really right to work for less laws, and by keeping stagnant and even reducing the minimum wage wherever and however they can. If republicans will lie about their economic ideology then you must know they will lie about everything else.

No comments: