Friday, January 22, 2016

The cost/benefit of our lives (#2548)

     We will make many mistakes as well as do many good things. The balance for me is to make no more mistakes while continuing to do many good things. I didn't understand this simple concept much earlier in my life so back then I lived just for my own pleasure while sometimes doing something good to make myself feel less guilty. I suppose that my feeling guilty was the best thing I could have hoped for now that I can look back on my life. It showed me that I was conscious of how I was interacting with life in an emotional way.
     Because of that guilt I was experiencing I was able to reform my life from my selfish ways back toward doing more good things instead. I am not perfect in my attempts but no one can doubt my sincerity nor my intent, because I don't doubt my sincerity nor my intent. What I tell myself since I have no way of knowing, is that my life is being recorded somehow by our universe and what I do while I am alive will be known. I may be fooling myself here by making up some kind of sovereign, however it does work for me. I am not talking about a God per se, but I am allowing myself to be subordinate to what is good while discarding temptations of thought and action that produce guilt from my life.
     I have matured beyond the idea of a quantifiable life measured only by time to a quality based one built upon the actions, thoughts and good deeds I produce. No longer do I fight against nature in order to lengthen my life span. Instead I fight against the idea that we all don't matter. I fight against the idea that our society cannot improve. I fight against the idea that selfishness is the greatest reward and nothing else matters. I fight against whatever is opposed to each of us having a quality life. I see myself as a starship in the universe for what is good about our species and an enemy against all who would make us less than the heroes we are all capable of being.

No comments: