Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Face in the Mirror (#103)

Good morning, I say to myself, when I see my image in the mirror. By itself, unconsciously, my face registers an emotionless look until I make my face muscles form a smile. Rarely, do I end up in front of the mirror with a smile already beaming on my face. That's OK since I haven't had very many Christmas morning type awakenings lately. Circumstances change and the happy in my life is starting to become more real and consistent. I can see the difference when I study how I actually appear back at myself. The worry lines and age wrinkles seem to be less pronounced. Maybe my eyesight is affecting what I see but I don't think so. The positiveness behind the look I present to the world is real and comfortable. The image in the mirror, that I hope is seen, is what I hope I feel inside about all things that are happening in my life. My face is the window to my soul not just my eyes. The days of wearing a mask on my face are over. There is no value in masking thoughts or emotions with a false front. All of the time the truth needs its manifestation to show on my face. Tact and diplomacy have their place in order to spare unwarranted humiliation or misappropriate cruelty, but not at the expense of sheltering a greater harm. The great principle of honesty must be a beacon for shining light on any particular person, place or event. My face can be the canvas that expresses my understandings of what is going on, around and in my life.

No comments: