Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Guiding My Fate (#95)

What does it mean for me to say that I can guide my fate? What it means to me is that I can change the course of my destiny in slight and varied ways. I have enough control over who I am and how I can live my life to realistically modify the events of my fate or destiny. My destiny marches to its own drummer but how my destiny is achieved is what I am referring to. It's in the how that I have some control. The choices I make will determine how my fate is recorded in the annals of time. By sheer force of will I can hope to claim the determining factors that ultimately define my destiny. I can't get there by just hoping or believing that inherently my instinctual goodness will absolutely prevail in all circumstances. I must force a rigorous discipline upon myself in a daily fashion to keep the vigil of hope alive for the best outcome I wish for my fate. In theory, my fate had already been defined the moment I came into existence. It is in the living of my life that my fate's definition will come to be understood. I continually write about the better and best traditions of humanity because they are the yardsticks I find worthy for me to attain and be measured. If I can hold to the great principles of humanity, my humble attempt to have a more positive fate is more likely to happen than if I left it all to chance.

No comments: